Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Black Dragon Viewer 64x - Update 5.1.1 "Probing Dragon"

Did i not release a 5.1.0 blogpost? Wow.


Anyway, here is 5.1.1 and it brings a good chunk of fixes for a lot of your issues! Yay!

NOTE: Make sure you fix your light count setting as instructed in the video, also CLEAN INSTALL the viewer, that means MANUALLY deleting everything in the Viewer folder and then installing the update, this gets rid of leftovers and ensures you get the same Viewer as everyone else. (Looking at you people that still have unsupported language files)


9 comments:

  1. Question, So RLV is gone completely on 5.1.1?
    Just trying read everything about the update and I did not seen that information.
    If you could help me out thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RLVa has been gone since 5.0, so yes, its gone for now

      Delete
  2. The damn problem of the cache being emptied at each logout continues. It's sad that such an annoying problem is treated as something normal and my request for help is ignored. I give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neither normal nor ignored. I just can't do anything about it. I don't know whats causing it. The blog isn't exactly the best place to ask for this either. Debugging this requires sitting down for possibly some hours and going through a lot of possible causes and finding the issue is not guaranteed.

      Have you tried contacting me on Discord instead and showing some will to sit down for possibly hours on end with no solution?

      Delete
  3. Thanks! This update is working well for me and I'm enjoying using it. Rendering seems much faster, lighting gives consistent results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do i get my SSAO to work i cant get it to work

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I protect folders in this viewer? I seem to be accidentally deleting things and I could really use that feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having an issue where my view starts loading, then just dissappears, tried redownloading C++ 2013 and the 2015-2022 version, restarting pc, with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is this being filmed in SL, it may be a stupid question but how are you talking and arm movements working in unison?

    ReplyDelete