First of all, what is the Third Party Viewer Directory? It is a list of officially approved Viewers. Viewers which have undergone a very simple check if they go along with some rules. It is a simple check, so simple that theoretically any idiot (such as me) can apply his Viewer for the Third Party Viewer Directory and then use that new found "trust" you gained to make you believe that my Viewer is a happy sunshine Viewer with flowers before i steal your passwords and account names. What i'm saying is, all you less informed beings out there, thinking that being included in the Third Party Viewer Directory means that the Viewer is a Viewer that can be trusted is absolutely wrong thinking. You are wrong, totally wrong. Firestorm could turn out to be THE next Emerald any day...any moment...any second. My Viewer could turn out to be THE next "mini" Emerald. So why am i even applying for TPVD if you (and me) don't gain anything from it besides... nothing. There are multiple reasons for that:
- I like seeing how all these fuck-faces who said "Shit leik dis will neva b in TPV" are going to be so wrong. It makes me feel encouraged to continue.
- It will advertise the Viewer. Not that i would actually want to advertise it, since more users would mean more possibly incompetent idiots spamming me with messages and/or comments like: "DIS IS SO BULLSHIET, TEH SHITIEST VIEWUR I HUV EVUR C!!!!1111!!11!1!!"
- I MIGHT want to use the Havok License stuff someday, enabling Mesh Upload and Nav-Mesh Support.
- It makes those people who still believe that a Viewer must be in TPV in order to be trustworthy feel better.
Now that we hopefully cleared that up, let's move on to what i'm doing....or well...more like what i did:
- I removed all old downloads of Black Dragon.
- I removed and shut down all repositories regarding Black Dragon except the current one.
- I removed the "Download Old Versions" button from the right Link menu.
- I removed all downloads of Nirans Viewer.
- I closed down the Sourceforge Project of Nirans Viewer.
- I hid the Sourcecode for Nirans Viewer (it's private now in case it is needed for something).
- I have changed the Blog main look a bit as you may noticed before already.
- I will talk to Oz to get the auto-updater to work and force you to update to the 1. April version.
- I will talk to Oz (again) to hopefully ban Nirans Viewer this time once and for all.
- I did some changes to the Forum.
- I don't support Nirans Viewer in any way anymore, come to me mentioning Nirans Viewer and you will feel my backhand.
Good. I think that's all. Tia Linden is currently reviewing the Viewer application and i think it might go TPV just in time for the 1. April update. If not... not my problem.
Anyway, stay safe and make sure not to teleport into a screen shaking SIM restart. Until 1th April!