Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Black Dragon 64x - Update 4.0.6 "Refreshing Dragon"

 Man this has surely been a long time in the coming.


A much needed update to bring the Viewer closer to the latest code from Linden Labs, no other changes though, just fixes for most things that broke with the code merge as i'm not planning to do anything big until the Viewer is up to date (preferably with the performance viewer by then). It's not much anymore but its by far the most breaking changes that are still left to be merged, the update would have gone life months ago if it didn't break the Viewer and make it crash for unknown reasons leaving me to start over and slowly merge up to that point (rather than a massive bulk merge). Good news is the Viewer should be more stable with a lot new crash fixes from the labs as well as some smaller things that were broken in 4.0.5 should be fixed too now.

I'm sorry this took so long but the past couple months have been quite hard, things are going south everywhere, friends are having issues, my mom having to go to hospital (she's getting better now) and personal emotional problems kicking in, there's also my upcoming birthday tomorrow which is going make me yeet myself out the window and the shit just keeps piling on...i'll try to get this next update out as soon as possible (after some fixes) so i can start implementing the feedback and new features people have been asking for and get down to some much needed finetuning.

Oh. I HIGHLY recommend deleting the Viewer folder before installing this update, a lot of files have been removed, renamed, replace and shoved around. It will inevitably cause issues if you just install it over the last update.

As always keep reporting bugs and take care in these dangerous times.


By Sashi Summers

21 comments:

  1. After trying to install, it gave me these errors. I tried rebooting but the problem persists. https://imgur.com/a/Wy6hxNk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it worked anyway! Weird! thank you, I appreciate your hard work!

      Delete
    2. Oh yea, that's the non-AVX package, i started removing the vcredist installers (at least the old one, it is no longer needed) but i forgot to remove the command line to start it in the non-AVX package. Just ignore it.

      Delete
    3. Mine is saying the same exact thing but wont open black dragon and when i click on it to launch this message appears: "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."
      I tried reinstalling it 3 times and still I'm having same issue.

      Delete
    4. That's a generic windows error and sadly not helpful to you, googling for MSVCR120.dll though could have told you that you need the VCRedist 2013 package from Microsoft. Specifically you will need the VCRedist 2013 64bit package (as well as the 2015-2019 64bit and according to some users the new 2022 64bit one, which might include the older ones or replace the 2015-2019 one. Might depend on whether you are using Windows 10 or 11)

      Delete
    5. I would LOVE to say THANKYOU SOOOOOOO fkn much😅 was driving me insane using firestorm lol like I had black dragon over 6 months ago just to come back after taking windows off my pc and back on again for it not to work until I downloaded the 2013 package and then the 2022 and yes it does pop up saying it can't find the 2013 but I just ignored it clicked on the icon and BAM it works😅 tysm

      Delete
  2. do you still have the version with multiple avatars posing? where can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posing others has been disallowed by Linden Labs.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully this will continue to work for me (and like a few dozen users) in Linux via WINE. I use it with the WINE staging branch which is the bleeding edge of this compatibility layer. Just add the vcredist files, keep your GPU drivers updated (I use Nvidia) and everything runs fine. It is just a tad slower compared to a native Windows install but it's close in performance, really.

    I'm Jerralyn Franzic/JeromFranzic Resident in world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on the BD.
    It may be a bug in the latest version, but when I use SNAPSHOT to Seve to Disk, the resolution is forced to 128px*128px, which is interfering with my shooting.
    If there is a way to fix this, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snapshots save fine in any resolution. Make sure you are actually selecting "Save to Disk" and setting a resolution. 128x128 is not even an available resolution for save to disk, that's a save to inventory setting.

      Delete
  5. I crasch all time when i take off the option "deferrend rendering" :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't disable it then? You're not supposed to turn it off in the first place. BD is expected to run with Deferred enabled at all times.

      Delete
    2. I know u make your viewer to you... And you do a nice work, is a beautifull viewer, but is very heavy... I like to take pictures on him and is the best in line, but when i need configure my angle for exemple... I can't do so well because this version crash when i disable this option to make him more "easy" to work... And in the last version of update to drive of nvidea, i have several erros of graphics. But, i know... U do this viewer to yourself, i'm ask you to fix this crash because i love this viewer, but if u can't it's ok too ^^

      Delete
  6. Hello! My computer is banned from logging on Black Dragon viewer, is there something you can do to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your computer is not banned from using the Viewer, something on your end is blocking the connection (antivirus, firewall, windows defender or some other third party app). Nothing i can do about that.

      Delete
  7. I’m currently experiencing some black lines all on my avi and gets worst when I zoom in, I already tried deleting the viewer and reinstalling it. It’s weird because It was just working properly the other day I used it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a widely known issue with the latest graphics drivers, rollback a couple driver versions (according to Inara's post its the last 2 ones that are bugged currently)

      Delete
    2. If you have no idea which driver pack to use, just grab the Nvidia Studio pack, that's on 512. For Linux users, that's any version before 515. (I use 510 in Ubuntu.)

      Delete
    3. For my experiments i think the 511.79 works fine.

      Delete
    4. Hello. This was a known issue for the almost-latest 516 drivers but the latest version noted as 516.59 fixed the issues on viewers. Was released 06/28/2022.

      Delete