Disclaimer

Black Dragon is MY Viewer, i decide which feature i want to add and which to remove, i share this Viewer to show the world that user base size is not important, i do rate quality by effort, thought and love put into the project, not some rough estimated numbers. I consider feature requests only if i you can name proper valid reasons i can agree on. It is my (unpaid) time i'm putting into this project, i'm not here to cater to every Joe's desires.

Monday, August 5, 2013

4. August Update

Yesterday i have been slowly working on finally enhancing the horrible default graphics again.

First of all i had to port Tofu's (Tofu Buzzard) better SSAO again which looked extremly overhelming at first because i was totally stressed and annoyed by a guy... after looking a few times it turned out to be an easy task, luckily i made a clean commit back when i started Black Dragon, that made everything alot easier. After porting his better SSAO i was finally able to use my own SSAO settings from Nirans Viewer again without making everything look like a black mist-y mess. I'm not quite happy with it, it could be a little bit smoother still but that could be just my imagination or me not beeing used to a way stronger SSAO.

I also fixed all my "chin" attachments going crazily off and beeing centered on my skull, literally breaking all my chin attachments like jaws of nearly all my avatars... not sure what caused it but everyone was able to see my jaw beeing attached in the center of my skull which isn't actually one of the funniest things i've seen in SL so far.

That's it.
Niran.

No comments:

Post a Comment